- The glossary auto-linking filter should be enabled by an administrator in Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters.
- Each glossary entry should have the “This entry should be automatically linked” box checked.
To stop the linking of every instance, an administrator can enable either ‘Filter match once per page’ or ‘Filter match once per text’ in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Common filter settings.
How can I delete a glossary entry attachment?
Simply delete the glossary entry and add a new one.
In Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Filters > Common filter settings, set filteruploadedfiles to “All files” or “HTML files only”.
If you don’t want particular text to be linked (in a Forum post, say) then:
- In Edit mode, locate and click the Toggle HTML Source button on the formatting toolbar (appears as ‘<>’ symbol)
- Locate the piece of text you want to exempt from autolinking
- Before and after the text respectively, add <nolink> and </nolink>.
- Save and check.
- In Administration > Quiz administration > Filters turn the glossary auto-linking filter off
- Click the ‘Save changes’ button
How can I make a glossary “read only” for students?
- In Administration > Glossary administration > Permissions, set the Create new entries capability for Student to Prevent. (screenshot in forum thread thanks to Joseph Rézeau)