There are many ways to customise the appearance of your Moodle site so that it blends in with, for example, your college site or your company’s corporate brand. The links below provide more information on personalising the appearance of Moodle:
- Front page – how best to display the entry page to your Moodle. Here you can decide how to display announcements and courses (if you want to) and how to add attractive images and descriptive text to promote your organisation.
- Theme settings – how to add custom dropdown menus and (if you wish) personalise the user menu top right.
- Header and footer – how to display useful information at the top and bottom of your course and link to Google Analytics.
- Themes – general information on changing the “skin” of your Moodle for the whole site or just sections. Look at Standard themes for examples of how to easily customise Moodle’s ‘More’ theme.
- Dashboard – a personalised page for each user. Find out how to set the default dashboard and how to allow users to select their own home page.
- User profiles
- Navigation – control how users find their way around Moodle
- Course list – control who appears in the list of courses
- MoodleBites for Administrators YouTube movie – Appearance
- MoodleBites for Administrators YouTube movie – Appearance (Themes)
- Change the language or default wording on your site – Language
- Beautiful Moodle site forum thread